Friday, June 30, 2006

Broken

Tonight I've reviewed the last ten days here at Jake's place. To be honest, I don't feel very good about some of it.

I know there are good reasons to be upset. I know we need to stand up and push back.

But I also know something else;

We're broken, and we can't fix ourselves.

More specifically, I'm broken, and I can't fix myself.

And out of that brokenness, I've sometimes responded in emotive, and even manipulative ways, and have said some things that were better left unsaid. And, by so doing, I've encouraged others to speak in the same manner.

We can't continue this way. We just can't. At least I know I can't. The world is watching our conversation. This is not the way to be a witness to the healing power of the living God.

I ask that we all take a couple of days to pray and reflect on where God is leading us. Because, in the end, it is only God that can heal our brokenness. That is where we find our hope.

Peace,

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment