You'll want to see the 30 minute April edition of Episcopal Life Focus. You might spot some folks you know. Here's what you'll see on the video:
1. The opening segment is about the Diocese of San Joaquin. I identified at least one of our vistors here at Jake's place. A briefer video about the Special Convention in San Joaquin, which has some of the same content, can be found here.
2. This is followed by a segment on the people of St. Mary's Episcopal Church in Manhattanville, New York City, who are taking their prayers for peace in Iraq out onto the street. They are chanting the Great Litany in procession in Ralph Bunche Park, which is across the street from the United Nations building.
3. Sonia Omulepu talks about the Presiding Bishop's Summit on Domestic Poverty, being held May 14 and 15 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
4. Diane Caruso, Director of Music for Trinity Episcopal Church, Asbury Park, New Jersey, tells us about the Chorister program they have launched, which invites neighborhood children to learn to read music and sing together as a choir. We've previously discussed the great things going on at Trinity here.
5. Our Presiding Bishop offers some reflections on the occasion of the fifth anniversary of the war in Iraq.
Do go watch this.
What's up with all the videos lately? A new phase, I think. I'm making a video for a committee on which I serve, so I'm getting more interested in that medium. Who knows; maybe one day we'll be producing our own stuff right here. Who wants to be a star?
One last personal note; Demi and I are considering vacationing in England in late July. This will be my first trip. Any suggestions regarding traveling to that part of the world, especially in regards to accomodations, preferably near Canterbury, would be greatly appreciated.
Post a Comment