Sunday, April 15, 2007

Half a Dozen Signs of Weirdness

From St. Pat:

Six Weird Things Meme

According to the rules I must:
1. Reveal six weird things about yourself on your blog, and
2. Tag six people to do the same.
Limiting it to only six signs of weirdness might be difficult, so I'll add a qualifier; six benign signs of weirdness:

1. I rain coins. The floor of my bedroom, office, laundry room and car is usually littered with change. Coins fall from me in public so often that I no longer stop to pick them up.

2. I don't allow anyone else to touch my clothes. I wash and iron them myself. This started while in the Navy, when the right creases mattered. It's now become a personal idiosyncrasy. I also don't like wearing clothes that have been worn by someone else, even if they have been laundered.

3. I don't like locked doors. They cause me to feel very uncomfortable. I would rather be regularly robbed than use locks.

4. My favorite time of day is from midnight until 4 am. There's something soothing about knowing the rest of the world is asleep. Demi claims it is more evidence that I'm part vampire. Could be.

5. I enjoy observing animals, domesticated and wild. They usually tell me more about what is really going on beyond our human dramas than any other sign. Small children are also good sign-bearers.

6. I have difficulty keeping track of time. Consequently, I have to keep lots of clocks around. There are five in my bedroom. The most difficult time is dawn or dusk, as sometimes I have no idea if it is 6:00 am or pm.

Now, let's hear from james, Leonardo, fs, Guidonia, C.B. and Karen+. If you don't have a blog on which to reveal your weirdness, feel free to use the comment feature here. Anyone else willing to voluntarily engage in a bit of self-revelation is also invited to participate.

We are waiting...

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment