Thursday, July 07, 2005

The Madness Continues

The mad dogs have now attacked London.

From Tony Blair;

...This is a very sad day for the British people. But we will hold true to the British way of life.

The purpose of terrorism is just that - to terrorize people and we will not be terrorized.
The news reports show the British people responding with amazing calm to this disaster. I think this madness will strengthen their resolve.

It is times like these that I have to question the hardline pacifist stance. No, we cannot use violence against violence; evil against evil. But we also cannot allow the mad dogs to run wild.

If my home, or that of my neighbor, was attacked, I know I wouldn't hesitate to use force. I'm not justifying such a visceral response, or claiming that it is good ethics. It is, however, a very human response.

May God have mercy on us all, and comfort those who mourn this day.

O God, the Father of all, whose Son commanded us to love our enemies: Lead them and us from prejudice to truth; deliver them and us from hatred, cruelty and revenge; and in your good time enable us all to stand reconciled before you; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment