Monday, December 05, 2005

Smokin' O.P.'s

The Revealer points us to yet another interesting discussion going on within the Roman Catholic Church; after 700 years, babies may be freed from limbo.

It appears that a fourth Primate has distanced himself from a rather strident letter sent to the Archbishop of Canterbury by the Global South. Mark Harris has more on this latest misstep by Archbishop Akinola and Co.

Thinking Anglicans rounds up some reports on Changing Attitude Nigeria's first General Meeting. Make sure you read the comments. The response of some to this event appears to be to deny it ever happened.

Tobias Haller succinctly summarizes his understanding of the phrase "the plainness of scripture".

Xpatriated Texan offers some thought-provoking commentary on the 1,000 executions in the United States since 1977.

The Episcopal Diocese of Washington has a great online Advent Calendar available.

Karen preaches the best Advent sermon I have seen so far this season.

The RevGalBlogPals are offering an excellent Advent devotional book; A Light Blazes in the Darkness: Advent Devotionals from an Intentional Online Community.

While you're there, check out Spidey's new book of poetry; Through Mist and Shadow.

Final thoughts from Bob Seger;

...And the years rolled slowly past
And I found myself alone
Surrounded bv strangers I thought were my friends
I found myself further and further from my home

And I guess I lost my way
There were oh so many roads
I was living to run and running to live
Never worried about paying or even how much I owed

Moving eight miles a minute for months at a time
Breaking all of the rules that would bend
I began to find myself searchin’
Searching for shelter again and again

Against the wind
A little something against the wind
I found myself seeking shelter
Against the wind

Well those drifters days are past me now
I’ve got so much more to think about
Deadlines and commitments
What to leave in, what to leave out

Against the wind
I’m still runnin’ against the wind
Well I’m older now and still runnin'
Against the wind.
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment