Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Stones Still Rock

There's a song on the Rolling Stones' new album, due to be released next month, that has a few folks rather upset. It's entitled "Sweet Neo Con." Here's a few of the lyrics;

You call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite
You call yourself a patriot, well, I think you're full of s**t...

How come you’re so wrong? My sweet neo-con,
where’s the money gone, in the Pentagon...

It’s liberty for all, democracy’s our style,
unless you are against us, then it’s prison without trial.
Jagger claims the song isn't specifically about Bush, although there's some references to Rice and Cheney in it.

When asked about the song, Jagger said, “It is certainly very critical of certain policies of the administration, but so what! Lots of people are critical.”

Maybe Mick isn't worried about the wrath of Bush, but Keith Richards is a bit nervous about the release, as he lives in the US, and probably does not want to live out the rest of his days in a gulag.

I think the last Stones album I bought was Goatshead Soup. I'm planning to pick up this latest one. Release date is September 5.

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it, like it, yes, I do.


J.

No comments:

Post a Comment