Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Verbieten der Bibel

Well, it looks like the Republicans have uncovered the plot. First, we will ban your guns, then we'll take away your bibles;

Campaign mail with a return address of the Republican National Committee warns West Virginia voters that the Bible will be prohibited and men will marry men if liberals win in November.

The literature shows a Bible with the word "BANNED" across it and a photo of a man, on his knees, placing a ring on the hand of another man with the word "ALLOWED." The mailing tells West Virginians to "vote Republican to protect our families" and defeat the "liberal agenda."
Well, it was a good plan. But now that the cat's out of the bag, back to the drawing board, I suppose.

Too bad. I can think of a couple of people who really need to have their guns taken away. Jimmy Swaggart is one who comes to mind, in light of a recent "sermon" he gave;

I'm trying to find the correct name for it ... this utter absolute, asinine, idiotic stupidity of men marrying men. ... I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry. And I'm gonna be blunt and plain; if one ever looks at me like that, I'm gonna kill him and tell God he died.
Nice. Not the kind of guy who needs a gun. I might be inclined to let him keep his bible though. He may need to read it. Especially the parts that say something like "Thou shall not kill," and in another place something about having murder in your heart, I seem to recall?

Fear has driven these folks off the deep end.

Maybe it needs to be said clearly; I know of no one, in any circle that I travel, that wants to take away anyone's guns or their bible! Guns and bibles...Must be Texas style Christianity? Popular nowadays, it seems. Hmmm...that reminds me of a great Eagles song...

I am an outlaw, I was born an outlaw's son
The highway is my legacy
On the highway I will run
In one hand I've a Bible
In the other I've got a gun
Well, don' you know me
I'm the man who won...


Yeehaw! Oh, sorry...my western upbringing is showing. Come to think of it, that might be a good campaign song for W. Except the winning part. Not going to put that kind of negativity in the air.

A tip of the biretta to Chuck Currie for pointing out the bible ban fear tactic, and to Joe G. over on beppeblog for the excerpt from Swaggart's sick sermon.

Better get some sleep. New plots need hatching in the morning.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment