Wednesday, September 15, 2004

More Firepower is the Solution?

The ban on assault weapons has been allowed to expire. Here's how Jon Stewart, in a segment of The Daily Show entitled "Automatics for the People" described the situation;

Despite a decade of plummeting crime rates, Congress allowed the 1994 ban on such assault weapons as Uzis and AK-47s to expire last night. Cause of death: multiple bullet wounds...

...A poll shows over two-thirds of Americans favored continuing the ban, which was also supported by such weak-kneed liberal groups as the International Association of Chiefs of Police and the Fraternal Order of Police.
How was this allowed to happen? John Kerry blames the President;

In the al Qaeda manual on terror, they were telling people to go out and buy assault weapons, to come to America and buy assault weapons...Every law enforcement officer in America doesn't want us selling assault weapons in the streets of America. But George Bush, he says, 'Well, I'm for that.'...I'm a hunter, and I respect it. I respect the Second Amendment. But I never thought about going hunting with an AK-47...I mean, heavens to Betsy, folks, we've had that law on the books for the last 10 years, and there's not a gun owner in America who can stand up and say, 'They tried to take my guns away.'
Others blame Congress.

It seems pretty bizarre to me, unless this is some idea cooked up by Homeland Security to arm the citizens. Insane, absolutely insane.

But I'm not going to pass up this opportunity. We've been having a problem lately with mice. I think they're kinda cute, but Demi does not share my sentiments. These delicate little creatures have learned to lick off the peanut butter without setting off the trap. Time for drastic measures. Maybe one of these will solve the problem?


Final warning to all meeces; you come into my house, eat my peanut butter, and I'll defend my Skippy. If this means war, then bring it on.


If you want to participate in stopping the NRA, and banning assault weapons for good, here is one place you might want to visit.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment