Thursday, March 20, 2008

Maundy Thursday

John 13:12-15
After Jesus had washed their feet, had put on his robe, and had returned to the table, he said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you? You call me Teacher and Lord--and you are right, for that is what I am. So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have set you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you."
1. Be still.

2. Read and listen for your word.

3. Meditate

4. Read and listen. What is God revealing to you?

5. Read and listen. What is God calling you to do?

6. Be still, resting in God's presence.

"Example."

Sometimes words are not enough. Don't tell me what you believe. Show me with your life.

Before my minds eye parade the saints of God that have inspired me along the way. It is not their words that I remember; it is their deeds.

Eternal God, I pray that you might fill me with your life-giving Spirit, that my every word and my every deed will proclaim the Good News of the healing power of your love.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment