Thursday, May 19, 2005

Petition Update and Up, Up and Away!

Daithi of Gaelic Starover just stopped by to tell us that EVERYONE (yes, that means us Prots!) is invited to sign the petition regarding the President's presence at the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast tomorrow morning;

...The presence of George W. Bush at the 2nd Annual National Catholic Prayer Breakfastat 8 o'clock on Friday morning, May 20th, 2005, at the Hilton Washington Hotel in Washington, D.C., will cause great scandal throughout the world that is already appalled by the lies and actions perpetrated by this man.

We, the undersigned, urge you to rescind your invitation to George W. Bush, and to support the Social Doctrine of the Catholic Church."
So, to you night owls making a late visit to Jake's place, go sign the petition.

I leave before the sun rises tomorrow to ride a steel bird into the Western sky. I'm going home to the Golden State for a few days. My eldest daughter is getting married. She wanted the big wedding, and she's getting it. All the kids, grandkids, and my folks, will be there. It's been a year since I've seen some of them. And, to me, the best thing is I don't have to wear a collar. A few days of just being Dad, instead of "Father Daddy" (my youngest used to call the office and ask for me by that name...so cute!).

See you next week. Until then, noli nothis permittere te terere!

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment