Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tueday; the Last Shopping Day of Convention

Some great things have happened at General Convention, which I'm sure you have already read about elsewhere. Both transgender resolutions passed. The rites for blessings passed the HoB and will most likely pass the HoD later today. Gay Jennings was elected President of the HoD with a large majority. Also on the agenda is a resolution on the Covenent. Mark Harris, whom we all know is no fan of the Covenant, spoke on behalf of his committee who drafted this resolution. To sum it up, it sounds like it is neither a "yes" or a "no," but instead a "maybe." As you can imagine, some folks are not pleased. Personally, I trust Mark's judgment. He had the conversations with a diverse group crafting this piece of legislation. Even though I disagree personally, a "maybe" might not be such a bad thing. No word on the restructuring resolution yet, although I've heard some good things about the work of that committee.

They're doing the joint session budget thing now, which is something I just can't make myself endure again, so I'm taking some time to talk with the dozen of you who haven't given up on Jake's place.

The exhibit section of Convention closed down promptly at 2:00 today, so I quickly made some last minute art purchases. I'm moving into a new home, and need art for the walls.

First, there is this Celtic Cross, hand painted by artist Carol McRay:
You can't see the design very well in this photo, but one arm of the cross depicts scenes from the Hebrew scriptures, and the other scenes from the New Testament. The four achangels are also depicted. I also chose from the same artist individual depictions of the archangels. Here are Gabriel and Ariel:
...and here are Raphael and Michael:
My final choice was an icon, Pantocrater:
Ok, maybe more later...they should be done with the money talk by now. Time to get back to Convention.

J.

2 comments:

  1. Blogger has "upgraded"...meaning my template does not work anymore...and my commenting app company went out of business, so lost all the comments. So it goes. This is a test...does anything work on this site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! I am here to inform you need Law Assignment Help near your location. So there are so many companies are available who serve their services but greatassignmenthelp is one of the great companies in the world who have fast delivery with quality work specially in law subject once you should buy this service.

    ReplyDelete