Wednesday, August 19, 2009

About Those Town Hall Meetings...

Mad Priest points us to the best response I've seen yet to the shrill nut jobs showing up at the health care town hall meetings:

Indeed, it is like arguing with the dining room table, isn't it?

And now some of these kooks are showing up with sidearms, as if they'll get some respect because they are armed, I suppose. Any small amount of respect for this group that I may have held somewhere in the recesses of my mind was lost by that absurd stunt.

I learned a bit about the use of weapons during my younger, crazier years. And one of the absolute rules is that you don't go brandishing a weapon unless you intend to use it. So, are these "macho men" intending to shoot someone over health care? I doubt it. Posers, every one.

In attempt to return to some form of sanity, please feel free to use this thread to express your thoughts on any aspect of health care reform.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment