Thursday, June 16, 2005

Book Lists

Redwood Dragon has tagged me for the Book Meme.

1. Number of books I own.

About six years ago, I made a mad dash across the US, taking with me only what would fit in my car; my dog, my clothes, and 14 boxes of books. I gave away everything else, which included over half of my library. Since then, I've built it up a little, but it still includes only about 300 titles.

2. Last book I bought.

The Time of Our Singing, Richard Powers.

3. Last book I read.

Native Tongue, Carl Hiaasen.

4. Books that mean a lot to me.

All the works of Robertson Davies.
The Passion of the Western Mind, Richard Tarnas.
The Golden Bough, Sir James George Frazer.
The Brothers Karamazov, Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Engaging the Powers, Walter Wink.
Christian Believing, Urban T. Holmes and John Westerhoff.
Ministry and Imagination, Urban T. Holmes.

5. Tag (at least) five more.

Pilgrim's Progress
Myriad Musings
I am a Christian Too
The Cat's Cradle
The Cassandra Pages
Faithful Progressive
Kevin G. Powell

J.

REMINDER - The hearing on the Downing Street Memos begin today at 2:30 p.m. on CSPAN3. Here's some good background info on the latest additional memos to be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment