Sunday, January 18, 2004

The Return of the Prince!

If anyone is reading this, I apologize for my long absence. I've been reading other blogs, and I suppose I've become intimidated. There are so many good ones out there. But, since most likely I am really just talking to myself, I suppose intimidation is more a symptom of self esteem bs surfacing. Life's too short for that.

Saw the kids over Christmas. Was wonderful, but also painful. I miss them. They have moved on with their lives, and really don't need the old man any more. I suppose that is a good thing.

The youngest is somewhere in Mexico on an adventure. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, I suppose. Wish he would call. I worry about him.

Day to day life is quite pleasant. A quiet, orderly existence, with a wonderful companion whom I love quite dearly. Caring for the pets, reading, thinking...a nice life.

Continuing to engage in interim ministry. Working with a lively parish right now. We had a spaghetti dinner with a Cabaret the other night. I offered them my Arlo Guthrie routine; the Motorcycle Song, complete with wig, leathers (including chaps). They loved it. Pictures were taken, which causes me to worry about future blackmail attempts.

It is Sunday night. A low point in my week. I suppose it is now time to stop the world by entering a dream state.

I am a prince of perpetual peace
Playing in a drama of sad and happy dreams
On the stage of experience.

Good night.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment